Artistic Coordinator for the Lectures
We are seeking for an Artistic Coordinator for the Lectures in 50% part time (m/f/d)
The Artistic Coordinator for the Lectures is mainly responsible for the planning and coordination of the Städelschule's semester-long lecture series. The Lectures are an important part of the Städelschule's teaching program and they are organized in close cooperation with the rectorate, the students and the other departments of the Städelschule. Characterized by their openness and diversity, the Lectures take place at the school or online and can have a range of different formats, from conversations to slideshows, concerts to performances.
In addition to the Lectures, the Artistic Coordinator is responsible for handling administrative and programing tasks associated with rectorate affairs, including telephone and e-mail communication with students; coordination of student-led projects and events, management of the the annual budget and program-related budgets as well as maintenance of the archive. In addition, the Artistic Coordinator is supportive of other projects, such as Rundgang and the graduate show.
Organization of the Lectures:
- Organization and realization of up to 18 lectures per semester in close cooperation with students, professors and the rectorate by taking into account the school’s calendar
- Coordination of 3-4 studio visits per semester
- Organization of travel, accommodation, per diems and honoraria as well as hosting international guests during Lectures taking place at Städelschule
- Welcoming the guests and moderating the Lectures in front of an international audience
- Communicate with students regarding project development, scheduling and budgets
- Coordination of accompanying printed matters
- Close cooperation with the Press & Communications department regarding the coordination of texts for the announcement of events
- External representation of the Städelschule in the art scene, especially towards artists, curators and collectors. The Artistic Coordinator is expected to enjoy visiting exhibition openings and lectures of other institutions and to maintain relationships with students, professors and artists.
- Study Degree in art history, cultural studies or museum or in a course of study relevant to the position with an emphasis in contemporary art
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of art or culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, scheduling abilities, presentation skills; abilities to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and standard presentation programs
- Very good knowledge of contemporary art with a special focus on young emerging artists and positions from the cultural field
- Passionate interest in the broader current art discourse
- Very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- An international working environment with contact to a broad network of artists, curators and other actors from different disciplines
- Remuneration with pay group 11 according to the collective bargaining agreement for the state of Hessen (TV-H)
- A fixed-term employment contract on a part-time basis (50%) for 2 years
- Flexible working hours outside core working hours
- Social benefits in accordance with the regulations of the public service
- Opportunities for further training and education
The art school aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore expressly invites suitably qualified women – including those returning to work after parental leave – to apply. Severely disabled applicants will be given preference if their suitability is otherwise essentially the same.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to get in touch with
Alke Heykes, Artistic Coordinator
Telephone: +49 69 60500852
If you are interested, please send your application including a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and references by April 25, 2021 to:
Hochschule für Bildende Künste-Städelschule
Karolin Augart, Human Resources Office
Dürerstr. 10, 60596 Frankfurt am Main
The postal application must be marked as personal/confidential and sealed. It is requested that copies be sent, as it is not possible to send the applications back. By submitting an application, you consent to your data being stored and processed for the purpose of the recruitment process. This data will be deleted after the statutory retention period.