Due to the dynamic situation regarding the coronavirus / COVID-19, the Städelschule has set up a working group that informs students and staff about the situation and develops preventive recommendations and measures. We ask all students and staff to carefully read and heed the following tips and recommendations for action. The Student Office and the Personnel Office are available to answer questions.
Current Measures taken at Städelschule (23 March 2020, updated 13 May 2020)
- The summer semester started on 20 April 2020 via online platforms in digital classes
- For the time being students are prohibited from staying in the buildings or on the grounds of the Städelschule
- The administration is currently in contingency mode under consideration of the current risk assessment. Contacting employees and offices is only possible via email
- Library operation is restricted. Correspodence and orders are possible via e-mail
- The mensa will remain closed until further notice
- Workshops and facilities will remain closed until further notice
- All Students and employees returning from high risk areas as defined by the Robert Koch Institut (RKI) are asked to quarantine themselves for 14 days. Study trips into risk areas will not be approved.
- Please continue to observe the hygiene tips already announced.
- Information on current regulations in Hessen can be found here: https://soziales.hessen.de/gesundheit/infektionsschutz/aktuelle-informationen-corona (Only in German), translated information is provided, with a slight delay, here: https://soziales.hessen.de/gesundheit/infektionsschutz/corona-hessen/fremdsprachliche-informationen
To avoid the risk of infection with the virus as much as possible, please pay attention to:
• adequate hand hygiene (regular hand washing, at least 20 seconds; pictograms here)
• Cough and sneeze etiquette (cough and sneeze in the crook of the arm)
• do not shake hands
• Please also avoid unnecessary contacts, gatherings of people and try to keep one or two meters away from your counterpart
Notice on risk areas
The university management's urgent recommendation is to avoid travelling to high-risk areas.
The Robert Koch Institute has named the current risk areas under this link (in German). If you have been in one of the risk areas or have had contact with a corona patient within the past 14 days, please note the following, even if you do not feel any symptoms of the disease:
• If possible, stay at home 14 days (incubation period) after returning from the risk area or contacting patients. Employees should contact the Personnel Office directly.
• If you experience acute respiratory symptoms of any type with or without fever, please inform the responsible health department immediately (Hotline in Hessia: 0800 55 54 66 6) and seek medical help after prior telephone registration (e.g. emergency service: 116 117), especially if you were travelling in one of the risk areas. You can call all numbers, even if you do not have your current health insurance card available.
Further links with information:
• Comprehensive information from the Hessian Ministry of Social Affairs and Integration and the Robert Koch Institute
• Information for travelers in different languages
• Daily updates on the coronavirus
• Current information on handling COVID at the Städelschule