Hygiene concept of the Städelschule
Corona measures for teaching in the winter semester 2021/22 (06. Oktober 21)
In the winter semester 2021/2022, teaching in presence is to become the norm again at the Städelschule, if possible. Under careful observation of the Corona infection, the following applies: as much normality in university life as possible and responsible.
The starting point is that a very high vaccination rate among students, faculty and administrative staff can be expected, well above the population average, and this implies a high level of protection. It is considered to validate the status by anonymous surveys, studies of some German universities allow optimistic estimates, e.g. the HRK assumes that at many universities a vaccination rate of about 90% among students can be expected at the beginning of the semester.
The following hygiene regulations must be observed; each individual is responsible for his or her own personal hygiene:
- Keep your distance - Please keep at least 1.5 m distance between you and other persons.
- In general, a medical mask must be worn when entering the university building as well as inside on the paths -OP- mask or protective mask of the standards FFP2, KN95, N95 or comparable without exhalation valve (medical mask).
If the minimum distance of 1.5 m can be maintained on seats, the wearing of a mask can be dispensed with. If one person in a group wishes to wear a mask, the entire group must study / work with a mask.
Masks are not required to be worn in the outdoor areas of the university (garden, courtyard, parking lot).
- Ventilate regularly - Ventilate work areas every 20 minutes for approximately 5 minutes (shock ventilation/cross ventilation).
- Hand Washing - Clean your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap. Additionally, hand sanitizer dispensers are located in several locations throughout the college and can be used.
- Maintain Respiratory Hygiene - Cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of it immediately.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth if possible - Hands can pick up viruses and transmit them through mucous membranes on the face.
- Refrain from hand contact - Refrain from unnecessary hand contact, such as shaking hands or hugging. If possible, do not touch publicly accessible objects such as door handles with your full hand or fingers.
- Städelschule staff working on site are strongly advised to continue to test themselves twice a week regardless of vaccination/gene status. Self-tests can be obtained from the janitor's office.
- In case of suspected illness - Please inform the university management or the lecturer(s) or the personnel department immediately and go home or stay at home.
Use of space
In the winter semester 2021/2022, teaching in presence is to become the norm at the Städelschule, if possible. Under careful observation of the corona infection applies:
As much normality in university life as possible and responsible.
We need your support so that students and teachers can study and work together on site, so that student life can develop more strongly again, and so that the mensa can be used more intensively again in winter, even indoors:
3 g rule and presence
- 3 g check in presence:
- Class meetings / events / seminars: The teacher checks the compliance of the 3 g status. This can also be done by the respective class assistant. The respective teacher is responsible for compliance with the corona-related regulations within the scope of his/her own teaching. Students without 3 g status cannot participate in events.
- Events in general: 3 g status by the respective person in charge.
- Workshops / courses: 3 g status by the workshops (see also below).
- Mensa, both in Dürerstraße and Daimlerstraße: 3 g status at the entrance, so that you can also eat inside.
- Library: 3 g status at the entrance
- 3 g means: Presentation of a negative test according to § 3 CoSchuV (3 g rule, only for vaccinated, recovered, negatively tested (max. 24 hrs.).
The result of an antigen self-test is accepted as valid for 24 hours (or 48 hours for PCR tests).
Self-tests can be provided by the Städelschule and can be performed under the supervision of the appropriate person.
Alternatively, proof via "Bürgertest" can still be used.
- The verification of the proof must be updated on a daily basis, as health data may not be stored without the consent of the students or staff members.
- All classes may be face-to-face but are not required to be.
- By complying with the above measures, teaching events with group sizes of up to 25 people are possible again:
- in rooms suitable for this purpose without mandatory compliance with 1, 5 m minimum distance and
- if the event requires it and
- if everyone agrees, also without masks.
- The decision lies with the instructor.
- Teaching events in the field of performance and/or video, which involve movement/dance and physical proximity, or comparable events may take place in a maximum group size of 10 people. The wearing of the mask can then be dispensed with.
Excursions are possible again!
- Excursions must be accompanied by a teacher.
- The respective teacher is responsible for the compliance with the 3 g rule with daily checks for non-vaccinated/recovered persons and the compliance with the corona-related regulations during the study-related part of the excursion.
- Field trips to high risk or virus variant areas cannot occur.
- Student field trips without supervision cannot be approved.
- Working in the workshops is also only possible with negative proof 3 g status.
- In the workshops, work can be carried out without masks without compulsory adherence to a minimum distance of 1.5m and if the event requires this. The decision on this is made by the respective workshop.
- The respective workshop determines a maximum occupancy for each workshop.
- A supervisor should always be present.
Mon-Fri: 08:00-20:00 (and Sat: 10:00-20:00 as per announcement with more details at the upcoming Rat on October 19, 2021) exclusively for members of the Städelschule and students of the cooperative Curatorial Studies program.